One Stop Security Center
Bitdefender Central is a web platform where users can easily create a Bitdefender account. It helps users in managing their various Bitdefender products and services on different devices from one single account. After signing into your account, you can buy new products, activate your product, view your order history, latest offers and access your purchased products. So, follow the below-given guide.
How To Create a Bitdefender Central Account?
Account creation is necessary to use all your products and to enable all its features. You can manage day-to-day activities, cancel licenses by creating an account. Therefore, follow the given procedure for account creation of Bitdefender.
- First of all, open a web browser, for example, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc. on your system.
- After that, type central.bitdefender.com in the address bar and press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- Then, click on the Create Account tab which is located at the upper-right corner of the window.
- Now, the Bitdefender Central account creation window will display on your screen. You need to provide all the required information.
- Enter your full name in the first field.
- Then, provide a valid email address to maintain access to your account.
- Now, create a secure password that should be 8 characters long.
- At last, click on the “Create Account” tab.
- Now, you will receive an email to confirm your account. So, open the mail from your mail inbox and click on the Verify now button.
Bitdefender Central Login Procedure
Once you have created an account, follow the below-given detailed procedure for signing into your account:
- First of all, open a web browser.
- Now, go to central.bitdefender.com by typing it in the address bar.
- In the next window, click on the Sign In tab which is positioned at the top-right corner of the window.
- Then, it will take you to the Sign In window. Type your email address that is registered with your Bitdefender account and click on the Next button.
- To proceed with the Sign-In process, you will be asked to enter your registered password. Hence, type the same password into the given field that you have used at the time of account creation.
- At last, click on the Sign In tab. This completes the Bitdefender Central login process.
2-Factor Authentication For Bitdefender Central
2-Factor Authentication or 2FA is the industry standard when it comes to protecting your Bitdefender Central Account. It adds an additional layer of security to eliminate the possibility of unauthorized access. This is essential because Passwords alone are no longer sufficient to keep your Account safe from potential threats.
When you activate this feature for your Bitdefender Central Account, an additional factor will be added for granting access to your Account. As such, you will have to provide this additional Verification Code along with your Password to gain access to your Account. However, it is equally important to safeguard this Verification Code in the same way as you protect your Password. Anyone who has both the factors for your Account will be able to log in to your account.
Activate 2-Factor Authentication
- Launch Bitdefender Central i.e. “central.bitdefender.com” on your system.
- Log in to your Account by providing your Email Address and Password.
- Go to the top right-hand corner of your Account’s Dashboard. Here, you will notice a Profile icon. Hence, click on it.
- Now, select the “Bitdefender Account” tab from the extended menu box.
- Thereafter, click on the “Password and security” tab.
- After that, click on “2-Factor Authentication” to turn it on.
- Then, click “Get Started”.
- Subsequently, opt for one of the alternatives listed below.
- Email: In case if you select this option, it will use the given Email Address to send you a Verification Code for accessing your Bitdefender Central Account. In this way, it will grant access to your Account only when you provide the Verification Code accurately. For this, select the “Use Email” option to get a Verification Code on your Email Address. Subsequently, log in to your Email Account and note down the Code included in the Email received from Bitdefender Central. Thereafter, return back to your Account Portal and enter this Code correctly. Then, click “Activate”. As a result, it will display 10 Codes that are valid for single use. Secure the codes properly as these will be required to access your Account. Finally, click “Done”. Make sure to complete the entire process within 5 minutes as the Code lasts for only 5 minutes.
- Authenticator App: This application will generate a code whenever you want to log in to your Account. For this, click on the “Use Authenticator App” tab. Now, log in to your Account. In case of an Android or iOS-based device, use the device to and scan the given QR code. But, for a laptop or computer, you will have to manually type in the displayed Code. Then, click “Continue”. Enter the given “Code” and click “Activate”.